June 19, 2023 - 10:30 am
June 19, 2023 - 5:00 pm
AddressGordon Museum, Hodgkin Building, Newcomen St, King's Collage London, London View map
An in-depth workshop on creating anatomical hip out of wax.
The participants shall be provided with an armature of the bones of the pelvis and proximal femur, and then throughout the day they will sculpt the ligaments, tendons and muscles in wax.
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am – Please arrive at the Gordon Museum, (map will be provided)
- 10:30 am – 10:40 am – Introduction to the basics of working in wax
- 10:40 am- 13:00 pm – Ligaments and deep muscles
- 13:00 pm -14:00 pm – Lunch break
- 14:00 pm – 16:30 pm- Superficial muscles
- 16:30 pm – 17: 00 pm – Mini hip exhibition and tidy up
A the end of the day you can take home your sculpture and finesse it if you wish
All materias and hand outs will be provided on the day.
What you will learn:
- How to sculpt in wax
- The muscles of the hip
To book onto the wax workshop please use the button belowBook event